Education & Outreach
Education and Outreach is a large part of the NSO’s vision. The Education and Outreach program is a diverse, comprehensive program which brings NSO musicians into schools and community programs, in person and virtually, as well as bringing schools and community groups to concerts and other activities with the NSO. As part of the education piece, the NSO creates learning materials for educators to use. All of our learning materials, including our extensive library of NSO arrangements, listening activities, PowerPoint presentations, activity sheets, videos, audio, accompaniment recordings and curriculum outcome documents are available for free! Materials are matched to NL Department of Education Music Curriculum outcomes.
Fine Arts Fridays Sessions 2021-2022
- NSO Hallowe’en Spooktacular: Henry Hiccup and the Forbidden Orchestra with Best Kind Productions!
- Paint Music with the NSO and Visual Artists Keli-Ann Pye-Beshara and Nelson White!
- Take A Musical Journey with NSO’s Atlantic String Quartet!
- Behind the Scenes with the NSO!
Fine Arts Fridays Sessions 2022-2023
- Soar Through the Planets with the NSO, Calos Youth Orchestra and Chorus!
- NSO Hallowe’en Spooktacular: Who Ya Gonna Call with Best Kind Productions!
- Engage Personally and Musically with NSO and guest artist pianist 10-year-old Ryan Huang!
- Pass the Baton….a journey in symphonic conducting!
- Explore the Appalachians – Experience Aaron Copland’s Appalachian Spring with the NSO and Kittiwake Dance Theatre!
- Sing with the NSO – Join the NSO and three local school choirs to sing some of your favourites songs including Sound of Music Medley and Maroon 5’s Memories!